Licensing conditions with reference to core technologies and corpora of the Centre for Text Technology (CTexT®) at the North-West University
Before gaining access to software/core technology/corpus, you must accept the following licensing conditions:
The North-West University (hereinafter referred to as “the Licenser”), grants you, the registered user (hereinafter referred to as “the User”) the free, non-exclusive licence to download a single copy of the current version of the software/core technology/corpus and to use it solely in accordance with the following conditions:
1. The licence is only valid if you have registered as a user. If you have obtained a copy without registration, you must immediately register by e-mailing registration information to [email protected]
2. The software/core technology/corpus may only be used for educational or non-commercial research purposes.
3. Without an applicable commercial licence, granted by the Licenser, no part of the software/core technology/corpus may be sold, offered for sale, or made accessible on a computer network in any format; nor may commercial services or products resultant from the use of the software/core technology/corpus be sold or offered for sale. No other licences are granted or implied.
4. The Licenser has no obligation to provide support for the software/core technology/corpus made available under this licence in any way. The Licenser licenses the software/core technology/corpus “AS IS”, with no warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. The Licenser gives no warranties against infringement of any intellectual proprietary rights or other proprietary rights of a third party, and will not be liable to the User for any consequential, incidental, or special damages or for any claim by any third party
5. Under this licence, the copyright for the software/core technology/corpus remains the property of the Centre for Text Technology at the North-West University. Except as set out in this licensing agreement, the User may not use, copy, transfer, execute, lease, modify or reverse engineer the software/core technology, in any form, in whole or in part.
6. The Licenser may at any time assign or transfer all or part of its rights to the software/core technology, and to this licence, to an affiliated or unaffiliated organisation or person.
7. The Licenser shall have the right to terminate this licence at any time by written notice to the User at the e-mail address below. The User shall be liable for any infringement or damages resulting from the User's failure to abide by the terms of this licence.
8. The granting of this licence to the User is subject to the Copyright Act, 98 of 1978, as amended and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002, as amended.
For any further information on commercial licences for the software, please contact Jason Neumann ([email protected]).
This is an electronic contract. You confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein by filling in your particulars below, and by sending it via electronic mail to: [email protected].
This agreement comes into being when such confirmation is received by the Licenser.
Purpose of use:
Field of interest:
The software/core technology/corpus will be made available to you or a link will be sent within two working days after receipt of your signed agreement with instructions to down load the software.