Japanese Translator in Los Angeles - Feng/Japanese/Mandarin/Cantonese/English Interpreter
Feng is our multilingual translator/interpreter currently residing in Los Angeles. Feng grew up in China and went to Japan. She grew up in a multilingual background family with Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese as her native languages. She pursued further studies in Japan and in the U.S.
As a simultaneous interpreter, she is able to interpret consecutively and simultaneously for conferences, conventions, seminars, government meetings, overseas official missions, corporate meetings, technical visits, VIP escorts etc. The experienced fields include automobile, construction, electronics, manufacture, etc.
Feng has translated various documents in the same areas from English to Chinese, Chinese to English, Chinese to Japanese, and Japanese to Chinese.
Below is her professional experience:
• Fifteen years as a professional Japanese/Chinese Translator/Interpreter (Mandarin and Cantonese)
• Conversational English skills (speaking, reading, writing)
• Fully competent in Microsoft Office Suite
• Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, English
08/2012-09/2012 : UCLA Extension’s American Language Center ( Certified Level Three Linguist )
04/1993-03/1997 BA. Japan Kokushikan University / Major in Business Administration
05/1991-03/1993 Japan Shikou Gakuen Japanese Language School. (Certified Top Level Linguist )
09/1985-07/1989 BA. China Guangxi Normal University/Major in Chinese Language and Chinese Literature
Japanese Teacher/Teacher Assistant 09/2010 – 07/2012
Mar Vista Montessori, Los Angeles, CA.
• Teach pre-school children basic Japanese.
• Provide classroom assistance to head teacher.
Translation Coordinator/Interpreter 05/2009 – 12/2009
Japan External Trade Organization
Komex Japan Inc.
• Coordinated all projects for international trade company.
• Translated documents and business emails from Chinese to Japanese
Interpreter/ Administrative Assistant 04/2006 – 12/2008
World Support Inc.
• Provided simultaneous interpretation for overseas engineers. Worked closely with partner companies: Tokyo Big Site, Shindler Elevator, and Itochu Shoji.
• Subtitled and edited television projects for Japan TV.
• Proof-read all internal written communication (Japanese to Chinese).
• Assisted with the preparation and execution of international exhibition.
• Provided simultaneous interpretation for clients during exhibition.
• Provided administrative duties for mid-sized international export company. Prepared receipts and completed bookkeeping duties.
Freelance Translator 04/2003 – 02/2006
• Provided written translation to large businesses, including large investment/brokerage companies, automotive companies, and medical device export companies.
• Translated environmental reports and financial reports.
• Created translation glossary (Japanese to Mandarin) for clients.
• Provided simultaneous translation during large-scale seminars.
Translator 05/2004 – 02/2005
Tokyo Chamber of Commerce & Industry
• Reviewed country of origin certificates.
• Communicated with Chinese Customs and Immigration Department using Mandarin and Cantonese to facilitate Customer Service
Translator/Senior Coordinator 04/1997 – 10/2002
Toyotaka Co., Ltd.
• Coordinated scheduling of internal translation projects.
• Provided quality control of all written materials delivered to international clients.
• Provided simultaneous translation during in-office conference calls with Asian countries (Hong Kong and Taiwan).
• Provided administrative assistance for trading department: drafted monthly sales report, annual sales reports, and import/export reports.
• Coordinated execution of international seminar conventions: prepared Japanese / Chinese translation of presentation materials; provided simultaneous translation (Japanese/Chinese) for attendees; served as the primary contact for visiting clients and families; and conducted sight-seeing tours. (sightseeing tours)
• Provided weekly language instructor for company employees.
Chinese Language Teacher 09/1989 – 04/1991
The Baise Third High School
Taught basic, intermediate, and advanced Chinese to high school students.
Taught Chinese history and culture.