Types of Japanese Translation
Japanese to English Translation
English to Japanese Translation
Japanese Translation Resources (Locations)
Japanese Translator in Los Angeles - Feng/Japanese/Mandarin/Cantonese/English
Feng is our multilingual translator/interpreter currently
residing in Los Angeles. Feng grew up in China and went to Japan.
She grew up in a
multilingual background family with Chinese Mandarin and
Cantonese as her native languages. She pursued further studies in
Japan and in the U.S.
As a simultaneous
interpreter, she is able to interpret consecutively and
simultaneously for conferences,
conventions, seminars, government meetings,
overseas official missions, corporate meetings, technical
visits, VIP escorts etc. The experienced fields include automobile, construction, electronics,
Feng has translated various documents in the same areas from
English to Chinese, Chinese to English, Chinese to Japanese, and
Japanese to Chinese.
Below is her
• Fifteen years as a professional Japanese/Chinese
Translator/Interpreter (Mandarin and Cantonese)
• Conversational English skills (speaking, reading, writing)
• Fully competent in Microsoft Office Suite
• Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, English
08/2012-09/2012 : UCLA Extension’s American Language Center (
Certified Level Three Linguist )
04/1993-03/1997 BA. Japan Kokushikan University / Major in
05/1991-03/1993 Japan Shikou Gakuen Japanese Language School.
(Certified Top Level Linguist )
09/1985-07/1989 BA. China Guangxi Normal University/Major in
Chinese Language and Chinese Literature
Japanese Teacher/Teacher Assistant 09/2010 – 07/2012
Mar Vista Montessori, Los Angeles, CA.
• Teach pre-school children basic Japanese.
• Provide classroom assistance to head teacher.
Translation Coordinator/Interpreter 05/2009 – 12/2009
Japan External Trade Organization
Komex Japan Inc.
• Coordinated all projects for international trade company.
• Translated documents and business emails from Chinese to
Interpreter/ Administrative Assistant 04/2006 – 12/2008
World Support Inc.
• Provided simultaneous interpretation for overseas engineers.
Worked closely with partner companies: Tokyo Big Site, Shindler
Elevator, and Itochu Shoji.
• Subtitled and edited television projects for Japan TV.
• Proof-read all internal written communication (Japanese to
• Assisted with the preparation and execution of international
• Provided simultaneous interpretation for clients during
• Provided administrative duties for mid-sized international
export company. Prepared receipts and completed bookkeeping
Freelance Translator 04/2003 – 02/2006
• Provided written translation to large businesses, including
large investment/brokerage companies, automotive companies, and
medical device export companies.
• Translated environmental reports and financial reports.
• Created translation glossary (Japanese to Mandarin) for
• Provided simultaneous translation during large-scale seminars.
Translator 05/2004 – 02/2005
Tokyo Chamber of Commerce & Industry
• Reviewed country of origin certificates.
• Communicated with Chinese Customs and Immigration Department
using Mandarin and Cantonese to facilitate Customer Service
Translator/Senior Coordinator 04/1997 – 10/2002
Toyotaka Co., Ltd.
• Coordinated scheduling of internal translation projects.
• Provided quality control of all written materials delivered to
• Provided simultaneous translation during in-office conference
calls with Asian countries (Hong Kong and Taiwan).
• Provided administrative assistance for trading department:
drafted monthly sales report, annual sales reports, and
• Coordinated execution of international seminar conventions:
prepared Japanese / Chinese translation of presentation
materials; provided simultaneous translation (Japanese/Chinese)
for attendees; served as the primary contact for visiting
clients and families; and conducted sight-seeing tours.
• Provided weekly language instructor for company employees.
Chinese Language Teacher 09/1989 – 04/1991
The Baise Third High School
Taught basic, intermediate, and advanced Chinese to high school
Taught Chinese history and culture.